If you have a Zillow account, you can connect Zillow to your Chime CRM. This feature allows you to integrate all of your new leads that sign up on Zillow directly into Chime. The instructions provided here will show screenshots for "Premier Agent," but you can connect your standard Zillow account with the same steps.
- Zillow Integration Steps
- Zillow Settings in Chime
- Zillow Lead Routing
- Zillow Lead Tagging
- Testing the Integration
Zillow Integration Steps
1. Navigate to https://premieragent.zillow.com/ and sign in at the top-right:
2. Select your name at the top-right where it says "Hello, [first name]" and click on Inbox:
3. In the top-right, click on your profile picture and select Settings:
4. On the Settings page, you will click on the option under General for Connect my CRM:
5. On the Connect my CRM page, click on the blue button to "Add Subscription":
6. Select Chime from the Partners drop-down list and then click on "Next":
7. It will ask for an email address. Add the email address you use to log into Chime. This is how Zillow finds your Chime account which is why it needs that specific email address. Click "Save" once you have added the email address.
8. Once you have done the above steps, you should see Chime listed on the parter list:
Zillow Settings in Chime
Team Lead vs. Private Lead
A Team Lead is one that can be accessed (only by those with admin access or assigned to the lead) for better collaboration. A Private Lead can only be seen by the person who has added that lead and no one else. To learn more about this concept, review the following: Lead Privacy: Team Leads vs. Private Leads. To edit the setting for Zillow Leads, navigate to Settings > Lead Capture > Toggle On/Off "Imported as Team Leads":
Auto Welcome Email
The Welcome Email will welcome a new lead to your website and provide them with login credentials to browse listings on your site. There is not a separate template for different sources so it is the same Welcome Email sent to leads regardless of the source. To learn more about the Welcome Email, see Set Up the Welcome Email. If you want to edit this for Zillow specifically, navigate to Settings > Lead Capture > Toggle On/Off "Send Welcome Email".
Zillow Lead Routing
***This section is very important to review in order to have a distribution process in place for new incoming Zillow leads.
Option 1: Chime Lead Routing
If the lead comes in as a Team Lead (as defined above), it will be distributed via Chime lead routing. Reference this article to learn more about Chime lead routing: Agent Lead Routing Rules. Some teams will elect to bring in their leads from one Zillow account and distribute them within Chime to many agents. In this scenario, you would only integrate Zillow at the Team Admin/Owner level, bring leads in as Team Leads, and then make sure lead routing rules in Chime are set up for distribution.
Option 2: Zillow Lead Routing
If you want a lead to follow lead routing that takes place at Zillow and have that matched on the Chime side, follow these steps:
1. Every individual Chime user needs to set up the integration separately. This means that all team agents should follow the steps above to connect each of their Chime accounts with Zillow.
2. Then, the Team Admin/Owner needs to do the following:
(a) Navigate to Settings
(b) Click on Lead Routing on the left menu
(c) Click on the "New Leads" blue box
(d) Click on the Team Owner's Leads tab
(e) Uncheck the box for Zillow
(f) Click on the Member's Leads tab
(g) Uncheck the box for Zillow
(h) Click on the blue "Save" button
As long as it is set up this way, new Zillow leads leads that are routed at Zillow will also be assigned to the same person in Chime if they have their account set up.
Zillow Lead Tagging
If integrated correctly (see Zillow Integration), Zillow leads will have additional information added to their lead profile. Basically, what this means is that Zillow sends additional information to Chime via API and Chime will add this information as tags. The following table outlines what is sent from Zillow and what the corresponding tag will be in Chime:
Additional Info from Zillow
Tag Name in Chime
|Is Tour||True||Zillow Property Tour|
|Contact Message||The words "Property Tour" are contained in the initial contact message||Zillow Property Tour|
|Contact Message||The word "Connected" is contained in the initial contact message||Zillow Concierge|
The following scenarios apply when the additional info from Zillow is combined:
- If IsConnected=true and the Contact Message does or does not have the word "Connected," then the system will only add a "Connected" tag
- If IsConnected=false but the Contact Message has the word "Connected," then the "Zillow Concierge" tag will be added
- If IsTour=true and the Contact Message does or does not have the word "Property Tour," then the system will only add a "Zillow Property Tour" tag
- If IsTour=false but the Contact Message has the word "Property Tour," then the system will add a "Zillow Property Tour" tag
"Connected" in Zillow's terms, refers to leads that have left a message and have been connected to you via the Zillow Concierge service. For example, here is a note that is added to Chime that would contain this information:
"Tour" refers to a lead that has requested a tour via Zillow.
So, what you will want to take a look at the different tags and scenarios and potentially build out a Smart Plan to auto-respond or trigger tasks depending on your workflow. Or, at least, you can use the tags to easily filter your leads in the future or have the necessary background when referencing a lead profile page.
Testing the Integration
It is always a good idea to test a lead to make sure the integration is working correctly. One way to do this is to submit a message via the contact form on your agent page.
1. Access your profile on Zillow
2. Add a message
3. Click Contact.
3. Go to the People page in your Chime CRM to make sure the lead has entered the system:
If you have any questions regarding this topic or any others, please reach out to our Support Team via email at <firstname.lastname@example.org> or by phone at 1 (855) 981-7557.