You can automatically import leads into your Chime CRM via email forwarding and filtering. Follow the steps outlined below to set up email forwarding with Gmail and Outlook. For other email providers, please refer to your specific email provider’s help center.
Part 1: Setting up Email Forwarding Address
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- Click on the “Settings” icon in the top right corner. A drop down menu will appear.
- In the drop down, select "Settings". This will bring you to the Settings section.
- From the Settings section, click on the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab.
- Click the "Add a forwarding address" button. A pop-up window will appear.
6. In the pop-up window, paste your Chime email address or relevant email address(usually Mailparser virtual address) we provide into the field, and then click "Next". Note: Chime email address is the email address you copied from the "Auto-Import Leads" tab in your Chime account.
In the next window, to request a confirmation code, select “Proceed”. Within a few minutes, an email will be sent to the email address which you are setting up for email forwarding. This email will contain your confirmation code. If the forwarding address is a Mailparser virtual address we provided, we'll help you to verify this forwarding rule through the confirmation link in the verified email. If the forwarding address is another address, you should get the confirmation code and input it into the confirmation code field. Then, click "Verify" to complete this step.
7. Select "OK". The pop-up will disappear, and you will see the email address under "Add a forwarding address".
8. On the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" page, make sure that "Disable Forwarding" is selected -- by default, this should be selected.
Part 2: Setting up Filtering
Once you have setup forwarding(The forwarding address must be verified), you will need to set a filter to start forwarding only the emails from supported sources to your Chime CRM.
- Click on the "Filters" tab in your Gmail settings (to the left of the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab)
- Select "Create a new filter".
- In the pop up that displays, you'll want to enter the email address below into the "From" field. To do this, copy the email address below, then paste it into the "From" field.
4. Select "Create filter with this search".
5. On the next screen that displays, check the box beside"Forward it to".
6. From the drop down menu, select your email address that ends in "@chime.me". IMPORTANT! DO NOT check the box beside "Also apply filter to matching conversations"
7. Select "Create Filter" to add this filter to your filter list.
1. Log in to your Outlook account, go to Settings in the top right corner, then click Options.
2. Click Inbox and sweep rules under Options.
3. Click the + icon to create a new Inbox Rule.
4. Here you can set the Name, add Conditions and Actions to the rule. The Conditions you set will filter your emails.
5. Emails fitting the criteria you have set in Conditions will be forwarded according to the Actions you have added to the inbox rule.
6. Filter your email by adding Conditions such as Received from and It includes these words.
7. In Add Action you can select where the filtered emails get forwarded to (using Redirect the message to).
8. After you have set the Conditions and Actions the Inbox rule will appear. Here you can delete and edit the rules.
If you have any questions regarding this topic or any others, please reach out to our Support Team via email at <firstname.lastname@example.org> or by phone at 1 (855) 981-7557.