As outlined in the article Lead Capture/Email Parsing, Chime can automatically import leads into your CRM via email parsing. Some services, however, are unable to add an additional email address to send new lead notification emails to the "@chime.me" address that is typically used for this purpose. Setting up forwarding rules might be necessary.
The instructions provided here are for Google Gmail and Microsoft Exchange. If you use a service other than these two, you will need to refer to their help resources to set up email forwarding.
Part 1: Setting up Email Forwarding Address
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- Click on the “Settings” icon in the top right corner. A drop down menu will appear.
- In the drop down, select "Settings". This will bring you to the Settings section.
- From the Settings section, click on the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab.
- Click the "Add a forwarding address" button. A pop-up window will appear.
6. In the pop-up window, paste your Chime email address (@chime.me) into the field and then click "Next".
In the next window, to request a confirmation code, select “Proceed.” Within a few minutes, an email will be sent to the email address which you are setting up for email forwarding. This email will contain your confirmation code. Then, click "Verify" to complete this step.
7. Select "OK". The pop-up will disappear, and you will see the email address under "Add a forwarding address".
8. On the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" page, make sure that "Disable Forwarding" is selected -- by default, this should be selected.
Part 2: Setting up Filtering
Once you have setup forwarding (the forwarding address must be verified first), you will need to set up a filter to start forwarding only the emails from supported sources to your Chime CRM.
- Click on the "Filters" tab in your Gmail settings (to the left of the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab)
- Select "Create a new filter".
- In the pop up that displays, you'll want to enter the email address below into the "From" field. To do this, copy the email address below, then paste it into the "From" field. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org:
4. Select "Create filter with this search".
5. On the next screen that displays, check the box beside"Forward it to".
6. From the drop down menu, select your email address that ends in "@chime.me".
*IMPORTANT: DO NOT check the box beside "Also apply filter to matching conversations."
7. Select "Create Filter" to add this filter to your filter list.
1. Log in to your Exchange account, go to Settings in the top right corner, then click Options.
2. Click Inbox and sweep rules under Options.
3. Click the + icon to create a new Inbox Rule.
4. Here you can set the Name, add Conditions and Actions to the rule. The Conditions you set will filter your emails.
5. Emails fitting the criteria you have set in Conditions will be forwarded according to the Actions you have added to the inbox rule.
6. Filter your email by adding Conditions such as Received from and It includes these words.
7. In Add Action you can select where the filtered emails get forwarded to (using Redirect the message to).
8. After you have set the Conditions and Actions the Inbox rule will appear. Here you can delete and edit the rules.
If you have any questions regarding this topic or any others, please reach out to our Support Team via email at <email@example.com> or by phone at 1 (855) 981-7557.