After logging into your Chime CRM account, you can start building your website through what is called the "CMS Tool." You will want to do this ASAP in order to avoid any delays with connecting the MLS to your Chime IDX website.
To access this function, click on the CMS Tool icon, shown below.
This will take you to the basic info collecting page.
*Please note that all of the information submitted via this form can be edited at a later point. It is important to submit this survey as soon as possible in order to avoid delays in the MLS process.
All fields are required except for the headshot image on the left side. The name, contact details, and address will be displayed on the footer of the website but can be changed later. Fields include the following:
- Full Name
- Phone Number
- License/BRE Number
- Agent ID
- Company Name
- Company Address
- Marketing Area. Choose at least one neighborhood, city, etc. that you work in. You can always add/remove later.
Click on Next when you are ready to proceed and have filled in all of the fields.
Choose Your MLS
Search for your MLS by typing in the name of the MLS in the field at the left:
The following situations might occur during this step for each MLS.
(1) Chime has the MLS agreement on file. If you select an MLS of this type, you will be provided with the file(s) needed to download the agreement. You will be prompted to download and return the agreement to <firstname.lastname@example.org>. This is seen in this screenshot below. You would then click on the red files, download them to your computer, open them up to review, sign, etc. and then return them to <email@example.com>.
An email will also be sent with the same instructions in case you did not download them during the info-collecting step, though it is better to download them from the initial list if possible.
(2) Chime has the MLS application instructions on file. This is the same as type #1, except you will receive instructions to apply online instead of an agreement to sign.
(3) Chime will apply with your behalf via an online process. In order to apply online for you, Chime needs to collect additional information including the broker's name, email, etc. Different MLSs require different fields so the fields will vary depending on which MLS is selected.
(4) Chime is a vendor for this MLS so no new agreement is needed. Chime will now go through the process of making sure that you are a member of the MLS. Because Chime is already a vendor with this MLS, Chime has to make contact with the MLS and request access on your behalf.
(5) Chime does not yet have a relationship with the MLS. This means that Chime is not currently familiar with the specific process with this MLS. In order to get more information, Chime will request some basic information to start the conversation with the MLS and look into things further. You can type in the name of the MLS and then select the option for "Cannot Find" and then provide additional information to help with this process. You will need to provide the complete name of the MLS, the website for the MLS, and the state for the MLS.
You can choose the template you like from the four template options available. If you decide you want to use another template later, you can change it in the CMS Tool settings.
Click on NEXT STEP --> DOMAIN when you are ready to proceed.
Choose Your Domain
Here you can select the domain you plan on using for your Chime IDX website. Chime will build your website on a yourdomain.chime.me initially and then later work with you to point it so that it is your own once your site is ready to be client-facing. You also have the option to simply use a "Chime domain" without using your own. If you change your mind later, the domain can be adjusted as needed.
Please do not forget to click the “Submit” button at the top-right after filling in your information.
The framework of your website is now finished! You can continue to use the CMS Tool to edit your website content, upload images, etc. The most important part, however, is to watch for email communication from our Support Team providing you with next steps to get the MLS integrated. This will likely consist of you filling out paperwork or following steps online (depending on the MLS) in order to get approval to use the MLS data on a Chime IDX website. Be sure to respond back to any emails from the Support Team as quickly as possible to avoid any delays.
If you have any questions regarding this topic or any others, please reach out to our Support Team via email at <firstname.lastname@example.org> or by phone at 1 (855) 981-7557.