*IMPORTANT: This article is for informational purposes only and does not substitute consultation with appropriate legal counsel regarding this topic. It is your responsibility to comply with federal, state, local, or other laws and regulations related to all outgoing communication.
The Internal Do Not Contact List and Permission to Contact features are tools that exist on the Chime platform to assist you in complying with the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), Do Not Call Registry, as well as other regulations governing telephone communication.
Chime has these features to help you avoid sending unwanted communications to your leads. This article addresses how a lead's Call and Text opt-in status is determined, as well as the Internal Do Not Contact List management.
Please click HERE to view the training course in our Learning Center.
- Internal Do Not Contact List
- Permission to Contact
Internal Do Not Contact List
Internal Do Not Contact List Management
Who can manage the Internal DNC List?
The Internal Do Not Contact List is located in the account Settings → Manage Dialer → Do Not Contact Settings. All agents across the team have access to view this page, but only the following roles can manage (add/remove) the phone numbers on this list.
- For users on a Team or Enterprise account:
- Only the team owner and company owner/admin roles can manage the DNC List. This DNC list will be applied to all the users under this instance. Their leads' phone numbers will be checked against this DNC list.
- For users on a Multi-team account:
- Brokers, Vendor Backend admins, and the team leaders can manage the DNC List. This DNC list will be applied to all the users under the Multi-team package and from the vendors. Their leads' phone numbers will be checked against the DNC List added by both their Broker/Vendor Backend admins and their team leader.
Add DNC Number
Users can add numbers to the Internal DNC List the following two ways:
1. Add the DNC number one by one by clicking the Add New button, input the country code and the phone number.
2. Add the DNC number in bulk by importing the DNC list in a CSV file:
- Download the sample file by clicking the Sample File script in the IMPORT DO NOT CALL LIST pop-up.
- List the country short name (e.g. US, CA) and phone numbers in the file and upload. The system will automatically process any phone numbers without a country code as U.S.A phone numbers.
- You may leave the DNC List page during the upload process. A notification will be sent to you, letting you know the successfully imported, failed, and skipped numbers.
ll leads associated with this number will have a timeline status generated：#DNC_number_operator_name# has added
#lead_first_name#'s #phone number# to the DNC List.
Remove DNC Number
You may remove phone numbers from your Internal DNC List one by one, or multiple at a time by checking the boxes next to the numbers. A pop-up will double confirm that you wish to remove the numbers from the list. After you have confirmed that you want to remove the number's DNC status, the number will be removed from the internal DNC List, and you may contact the lead without any warning messages. All leads associated with this number will have a timeline status generated：#DNC_number_operator_name# has removed
#lead_first_name#'s #phone number# from the DNC List
Call and Text Limitations
Call & Text:
When users call or text via the lead's profile or manually dial a number listed in the internal DNC List, the system will notify the users before the call is made and during the calling/texting process. However, agents can still call/text this number if they believe this is legal.
The system will auto-screen out any phone numbers on the Internal DNC list when creating a call list. The leads' whose primary phone number is on the DNC List will be marked as Unavailable in the call list.
The system will cross check phone numbers on any existing call lists against the Internal DNC list and update their status to unavailable.
The system will automatically screen out any phone numbers on the internal DNC list from the recipients list.
The auto-text steps will be skipped if the phone number is detected on the internal DNC list
Auto Welcome Text:
Auto Welcome Texts will not be sent to leads if their primary number is on the internal DNC list.
The AI Assistant will not text leads if their primary number is on the internal DNC list.
Filtering by DNC Status
You may filter by leads with a phone number on the Internal DNC List by navigating to Contact Info on the Leads Page, and filtering by Phone Status:
Existing Data Processing
Any phone numbers previously marked as DNC Number or DNC Contact status will automatically be added to the account's Internal DNC List.
Permission to Contact
The permission to contact is a separate feature from the Internal Do Not Contact List, however, it does provide a similar function. If a lead has opted out of allowing contact via call or text, the Chime user will see a similar warning when attempting to contact the lead.
Permission to Contact Settings
The Permission to Contact setting is located in the pop-up when a new lead is added and also in the pop-up when a lead is edited.
- Yes: Can send texts
Single Text: Does not allow any texts to this lead
Mass Text: Auto removes these leads from the recipients list
Smart Plan: Auto-text steps are skipped
Auto Welcome Text: No Auto Welcome Texts are sent to leads
AI Assistant: Stops texting leads, but continues to follow up through the website
- Yes: Can make calls
- Single Lead: Does not allow any calls to this lead
- Call List: Auto-screen out these leads when creating call list
By default, when a new lead is added, the Permission to Contact will be set to No.
When importing leads, you may select to match the Call Opt-in and Text Opt-in status in the mapping stage. You can also set the Call and Text Opt-in status for all leads being imported, on the final screen. By default, when leads are imported, the Permission to Contact will be set to No.
Updating Contact Permission
You are able to update the Permission to Contact settings manually. When you do, you will be asked to double confirm when changing the status from Opt-Out to Opt-In. When the AI Assistant detects a DNC hint in the conversations with leads, it will stop texting the lead, but will not update the Text Opt-in Status to Opt-Out.
Default Contact Permission Value for Lead Channels
We have set default Contact Permission settings for lead capture channels
- Chime website, Open House Forms, Text Codes, and QR Codes:
- Call Opt-in, Text Opt-in：ON （Allows calling and texting by default)
- Manually Adding Leads and Lead Import:
- Call Opt-in, Text Opt-in：OFF (Does not allow calling and texting by default)
- Third Party Lead Capture, Email Parsing, and Open API:
- Call Opt-in, Text Opt-in：ON （Allows calling and texting by default)
If you have any questions regarding this topic or any others, please reach out to our Support Team via email at <email@example.com> or by phone at 1 (855) 981-7557.
Please sign in to leave a comment.