It's important to understand the billing associated with your account for add-on features such as the call and text packages. You are charged on your billing date (this should be on the first of the month) for the call/text package of the current month. The detailed explanation is as follows:
Add / Upgrade / Downgrade Availability Timing
|When are features upgraded/downgraded?||Is a charge made at the time the change is made?||What is the charge that will be on the next month's billing date?|
|Purchase Call/Text Package||Immediately||Yes. The prorated amount for remaining days in the month||New Package Monthly Cost|
|Upgrade Call/Text Package||Immediately||No||New Package Monthly Cost|
|Cancel Call/Text Package||Immediately||No||None|
- Text usage includes both outbound texts and, only when the option is turned on, inbound texts that are forwarded with the "Forward Received Texts" option
- If one text goes over the character limit, it will count as the multiple text messages towards the limit
- You will be unable to go above the set text limit.
- If any task reminders (see Task Management) are set up via text message, this will also use the text amounts.
- Standard text notifications triggered by Chime (see Chime Notifications) do not count as usage.
- Both inbound and outbound calls using the virtual number count towards call package usage
- You will be charged any additional amount ($0.03/min/call) if the actual call usage exceeds the established amount in the package. This will be added onto your bill for the following month as this is not something that can be pre-paid.
If. . .
- Chime user is purchasing a new $15 Text Package
- Purchasing the text package on January 11
- Billing date is January 1st
Then. . .
- The new text package will be available immediately
- Because January has 31 days, there are still 20 days left in the month. In that case, a prorated charge (20/31) will be billed for this package (only $9.68) -- immediately.
- The bill on February 1 (the next month's billing date) will be the full amount of $15 for usage in February
If. . .
- Chime user is upgrading a call package from Standard ($10) to Accelerator ($49)
- Upgrading on January 25
- Billing date is January 1
Then. . .
- The new call package will be available immediately and the available usage will be 4,500 minutes for the month.
- The bill on February 1 (the next month's billing date) will be $49
Unlimited Call Package Explanation
The above shows that Unlimited can be one of the best options for call packages. It is important to note, however, that the $29/seat/month price is only available at 20+ seats. The $49/seat/month price is available from 3-19 seats. Otherwise, the price for 1-2 seats on the Unlimited Call Package is normally $69/seat/month.
Please note that if you move a call package from the Unlimited option to the Three Line Dialer option, the pricing for Unlimited will be adjusted accordingly as the Three Line Dialer is not part of that bundle discount.
If you have any questions regarding this topic or any others, please reach out to our Support Team via email at <firstname.lastname@example.org> or by phone at 1 (855) 981-7557.