It's important to understand the billing associated with your account for add-on features such as the call and text packages. You are charged on your billing date for the call/text package of the current month. The detailed explanation is as follows:
|When are features upgraded/downgraded?||Is a charge made at the time the change is made?||What is the charge that will be on the next month's billing date?|
|Purchase Call/Text Package||Immediately||Yes. The prorated amount for remaining days in the month||New Package Monthly Cost|
|Upgrade Call/Text Package||Immediately||No||New Package Monthly Cost|
|Cancel Call/Text Package||Immediately||No||None|
*IMPORTANT: You will also be charged any additional amount ($0.03/min/call) if the actual call usage exceeds the established amount in the package. You will be unable to go above the set text limit.
If. . .
- Chime user is purchasing a new $15 Text Package
- Purchasing the text package on January 11
- Billing date is January 1st
Then. . .
- The new text package will be available immediately
- Because January has 31 days, there are still 20 days left in the month. In that case, a prorated charge (20/31) will be billed for this package (only $9.68) -- immediately.
- The bill on February 1 (the next month's billing date) will be the full amount of $15 for usage in February
If. . .
- Chime user is upgrading a call package from Standard ($10) to Accelerator ($49)
- Upgrading on January 25
- Billing date is January 1
Then. . .
- The new call package will be available immediately and the available usage will be 4,500 minutes for the month.
- The bill on February 1 (the next month's billing date) will be $49
If you have any questions regarding this topic or any others, please reach out to our Support Team via email at <firstname.lastname@example.org> or by phone at 1 (855) 981-7557.