The banner on the home page refers to the image, slideshow, or video that takes up the main part of the website when a visitor first arrives. This is an important aspect of any webpage and it is important to set this up correctly. Here is where the banner is located on a Chime website:
To edit the banner, navigate to the CMS Tool > Page Editor > Home > Banner.
Adjust Banner Settings
The following are the settings that can be adjusted for the banner. Some of these options might vary depending on which website template is being used.
- Show Banner Shadow: Yes/No. This will display a shadow on the banner or not.
- Content Style: Text/Image. If "Text" is selected, the user can define a "Title" and "Tip" that should display. Typically, this is the company/brokerage name as well as a quick tagline such as "We are here to serve all of your real estate needs!" as an example. If "Image" is selected, the user can upload an image to be placed in that section instead.
- Image / Slideshow / Video. This is the actual background content of the banner. Only one of these can be selected at a time.
- Image. This is a static image that displays as the background to the banner. A different image can be selected for desktop/computer view vs. mobile view.
- Slideshow. This is a slideshow that will slide through the images uploaded in this section. A different selection of images can also be uploaded for the mobile-friendly version of the Chime site. On mobile, users can slide through the images with their fingers.
- Video. The video will have the following options that can be selected:
- Show Volume Options: Show/Hide. If there is audio on the video, volume options can be displayed or not.
- Auto Play: Auto/Manual. The video can auto play or not. On mobile devices, browsers do not allow for videos to auto play. Keep that in mind when using a video as a banner because it will not display as well on mobile as an image/slideshow.
- Progress Bar: Show/Hide/Default.
- Video. This is where you will actually upload the video.
- Search Bar. There are three styles to select from:
- Style 1. This is the most common style selected. It has options at the top to "Search for Homes," "Sell My Home," and "Home Evaluation." Otherwise, when clicking on search, it will navigate to the Chime "All Listings" page.
- Style 2. This option provides additional search fields right on the bar such as bedrooms, bathrooms, etc.
- Style 3. This option consists of two links that will navigate to the appropriate page on Chime: "Search for Homes" and "Get your Home's Value."
If you have any questions regarding this topic or any others, please reach out to our Support Team via email at <firstname.lastname@example.org> or by phone at 1 (855) 981-7557.