When a lead registers on a Chime website, by default they will receive an automated Welcome Email. This Welcome Email will provide their login credentials if they want to return to the website to access their saved searches and continue browsing properties and additional content on your website. Aside from the website login credentials, you have the ability to edit the general content of this email.
- Sample Welcome Email
- Edit the Welcome Email
- Turn Welcome Emails On/Off
- Mass Send Welcome Emails
Sample Welcome Email
Here is what the Welcome Email looks like on the receiving end:
Edit the Welcome Email
The following portions of the Welcome Email can be adjusted--the rest is populated automatically using the login credentials for that lead as well as your profile information (see Complete your Chime Profile for more information).
To edit this section, do the following:
- Navigate to the Chime Settings
- Click on Email Templates on the left side
- Select Automated Email from the four options in the middle
- Click on the "Edit" icon on the "Buyer Lead Welcome Email" or "Seller Lead Welcome Email"
As a reminder, the headshot and contact information sent out in the Welcome Email to the clients will pull from whatever you have in your Profile settings. You can learn more about getting that set up in this article: Complete your Chime Profile.
Turn Welcome Emails On/Off
Leads from Chime IDX Website
The automatic trigger for the Welcome Email for leads entering from the Chime IDX website can be adjusted directly on the same page (Settings > Email Templates > Automated Emails > Toggle on/off in the "Applied" column.
Leads from other lead sources
This type of Welcome Email is turned off by default but the status can be adjusted by navigating to Settings > Lead Capture > Lead Capture Settings > Toggle on/off in the "Send Welcome Email?" column.
Mass Send Welcome Emails
Chime users can also manually send Welcome Emails for leads that are already in the database but have never received one. This option can be found under Settings > Email Templates > Automated Emails > Welcome Email. Keep in mind that this will not replace the standard process of auto-triggering a Welcome Email when a new lead enters the database.
- This option will only send a Welcome Email for the leads where the current user (triggering the action) is in the assigned "Agent" slot for that specific lead.
- Currently, only Buyer, Seller, and Buyer&Seller lead types are supported. Any leads that are under the "Other" or "Renter" lead type will not be able to have this welcome email sent to them via this option.
When accessing this feature, there are two scenarios to be aware of. Hovering over the "send" icon will provide an explanation:
- "All leads have been sent login credentials"
- All leads in the database have received a Welcome Email at some point in time. This means that no Welcome Emails can be triggered using this feature.
- "A Welcome Email is currently being sent for some leads. Try back later to review the status"
- Welcome Emails are pending delivery. Check back later to make sure all Welcome Emails have been sent to your leads.
Why is does the Welcome Email only show the email address and no password when I send it to a lead?
This is because the lead has already received a Welcome Email at some point in time. The username (email) and password will only be sent in the first email. If the password is forgotten, the lead can always reset the password from the website using the "Forgot?" option.
If you have any questions regarding this topic or any others, please reach out to our Support Team via email at <email@example.com> or by phone at 1 (855) 981-7557.