*Please note that the features available to you on the Chime platform will vary depending on the package you have purchased. With any questions in this regard, please reach out to your assigned Customer Success Manager or our Support Team for more information.
The release date for this set of features is Tuesday, Aug 20th, 2019.
Mass Welcome Email
Chime has now released a new feature to be able to manually send Welcome Emails for leads that are already in the database but have never received one. This option can be found under Settings > Email Templates > Automated Emails > Welcome Email. Keep in mind that this will not replace the standard process of auto-triggering a Welcome Email when a new lead enters the database.
When accessing this feature, there are two scenarios to be aware of. Hovering over the "send" icon will provide an explanation:
- "All leads have been sent login credentials"
- All leads in the database have received a Welcome Email at some point in time. This means that no Welcome Emails can be triggered using this feature.
- "A Welcome Email is currently being sent for some leads. Try back later to review the status"
- Welcome Emails are pending delivery. Check back later to make sure all Welcome Emails have been sent to your leads.
Blog Search Feature
Website visitors who choose to view your blog will now have the option to search for any keywords that are contained within the post titles or content.
Blog visitors can also browse articles by category which is now synchronized with the WordPress account.
Improved WordPress Blog Compatibility
The overall compatibility between WordPress and the Chime presentation of the blog content has been improved. Here are a few items of those improvements:
- Additional Plug-in support including Yoast SEO, WP Classic Editor, etc.
- Post Style: Including font size, font color, content title, subtitle and hyperlink, etc. Chime’s blog will now be more compatible with the style on WordPress.
If you have any questions regarding this topic or any others, please reach out to our Support Team via email at <email@example.com> or by phone at 1 (855) 981-7557.