Listing Filters allow you to be selective about the listings you want to display on your website. The listing filters put in place control the listings from any MLS that is connected as well as any pocket listings that you have added to your website manually.
*IMPORTANT: With the filter options, you can prioritize listings for certain sections of the website, but you can also inadvertently keep listings from displaying on the “All Listings” section of your website. When adjusting the filter and criteria for “All Listings,” be sure that you do not remove all the listings by accident.
There are three filters provided by default (but more can be added manually if needed). The default ones are listed as following:
- Featured Listings. Ideally, these should be set up to prioritize your listings, your company’s listings, your target price ranges, etc. With this filter, you will want to review the criteria to make sure that the properties you want to feature on your home page and under the “Featured Listings” page are set up correctly.
- All Listings. These will display all listings which are active and on the market by default. You can adjust the criteria to prioritize certain price ranges, locations, brokerage listings, etc. All property alerts are based on this “All Listings” category, meaning that if you remove listings from this option, they will not be displayed on the website or sent in property alerts.
- Sold Listings. If MLS provides the sold listing data, the sold listings will be displayed in this section based on the criteria you set in this filter.
To find the filters, follow the steps below:
- Click on the CMS Tool
- Select the filter icon from the menu on the left
- Choose the listing filter that you would like to edit
How to Create a Custom Listing Filter
Click on the button at the bottom of the Filters page to “+ Add Custom Filter”.
When adding a new filter, you may choose a name which you can recognize when selecting the filter for custom pages, landing pages as well as selecting the Listing Type and the default sorting rule in the groups you set up. This sorting applies if you choose not to add any other criteria in a group.
You can add multiple groups with specific criteria to prioritize and display those in Group #1 first, then Group #2, etc. This is how the order of listings is prioritized for each filter.
You can add criteria within each group, reorder your groups and click on the trash can icon to delete a group.
*IMPORTANT: It is necessary to check the “Listings Selected” to see how many listings actually match the criteria that you are setting up in each of the groups. Zero result means that there are no active listings which match your current criteria within that group. If you edit the “All Listings” filter, the last group should always show the remaining listings that you want to display on the site but AFTER the other groups ahead of it. You do not want to change this last group unless you no longer want these listings displaying on your website or have them sent via property alerts.
Filter Out Listings
You can add different criteria (the available options will depend on the MLS connected to your site) in each group to help you select the listings you want to be prioritized. Here's a sample of some available criteria:
- If you check multiple checkboxes within a criteria (e.g. Property Type), the relationship between each option will be "OR". For example, the listings selected with the criteria would combine all property types that you have selected (Single Family Homes + Townhouses + Vacant Land, etc).
- If you add another criteria within the same group (e.g. Beds), the relationship between that criteria and the others (e.g. Property Type) will be "AND". This means that the results would be fewer because it finds the properties that match the Property Type filter AND have the range of Beds selected.
When all your filters are established, you can check the Results by clicking the tab at the top to make sure that the listings displayed here are the correct ones and in the correct order. The order would be determined by the order of the Groups that you have created.
Save your Filter
Do not forget to click on the blue “Save” button at the bottom after any modifications. You can then publish all changes to the website and your listings will be displayed as filtered per your settings.
Advanced control panel for Agent/Office criteria
You can click HERE to learn how to use this control panel in Listing Filter with Sold listing type.
If you have any questions regarding this topic or any others, please reach out to our Support Team via email at <email@example.com> or by phone at 1 (855) 981-7557.