The "Reviews Block" can be used to present client testimonials/reviews that you would like to feature on your site. The steps to set this up are outlined below. Instructions for configuring reviews from Zillow are also included here.
*HELPFUL TIP: Each individual Reviews Block can be configured independently of the others in scenarios where you might want to combine multiple review sources on one page.
Adding Reviews Block
Click + Blocks and the block library will appear:
Find the Reviews block in the block library. Choose the style that you want and drag it to the page on the right side:
Double-click the review block or click the "Edit" icon on the top-right of that block and all the editable content for this block will be displayed:
Configuring the Reviews Block
When configuring a Reviews Block you have to choose a Review Source. There will be two options: (1) Default and (2) Zillow.
This option contains the reviews you have to add manually in the CMS Tool.
Choose Display Type:
All Default Reviews
This option will simply sync in all reviews added in other Reviews Blocks on your website.
Use this option to actually add your own reviews to a block.
Click + Add Reviews to add a new review:
Click on + Create a New Review:
Complete the fields and then click on the blue OK button:
- User Name. The name that will be displayed next to the review. This is the name of the person leaving you a review.
- Rating. Must be a number between 1-5.
- Image. Upload an image to make the review look more complete. Chime users will typically upload a picture of the home or the family, etc. This is not a required field, but does look nicer.
- Additional Description. This is a short description that appears right below the reviewer's name. You could describe their buying/selling situation, family size, etc.
- Review. Write the content of their actual review for you.
Here is a sample, from one of the styles, of how this would display on your website:
You can continue to add reviews, edit, delete, or rearrange as needed:
Use this option to display the 10 most recent reviews from Zillow within this block. Please note that an archive of Zillow reviews is not possible due to Zillow API restrictions only allowing for the 10 most recent reviews. Only 200 characters from each review will display as well.
To configure this option, select "Zillow" as the Review Source:
Enter your Zillow Screen Name:
Your Zillow Screen name can be found on your online review profile in this spot under Professional Information:
Under Display Type you will choose whether you want to display "All" or "Part"
- All. This will display the 10 most recent Zillow reviews that have been left for the screen name that you are configuring.
- Part. You can specify the number of reviews that you want to display.
If you have any questions regarding this topic or any others, please reach out to our Support Team via email at <firstname.lastname@example.org>.