The main purpose of any CRM is to provide organization above and beyond what can be done with a typical spreadsheet or contact list. In Chime, this happens on the People Page and consists of Pipelines, Groups, Tags, and a variety of filters. This article will introduce Tag.
The third level of organization with the People Page is done with tags. Similar to social media "hashtags," tags can be used for whatever purpose that a team finds useful--providing a tool that can easily be searched later on to group leads together.
Every user can create their own Tags or lead organization, and also utilize Tags in the Company or Group Tag Library. Company or Group Tags can be used by the entire team but only created by users with the "Team Filter" or "Company Filter" permission (see Team Permissions). Each user's Tags in their own Tag Library are only visible to the person creating those tags and can be created each individual user.
A full list of all tags can be managed by doing the following:
- Click on Settings
- Navigate to Tags & Sources under the Features section
- If you do not have the "Team Filter" or "Company Filter" permission enabled, navigate to Tags
- Select the Tags tab at the top
- Add new tags, edit a tag to rename it, or delete a tag from your personal Tag library
With "Team Filter" or "Company Filter" permission enabled:
Without "Team Filter" or "Company Filter" permission enabled:
If you have the "Team Filter" or "Company Filter" permission enabled, you will have the Tag Management button. Any Tags added here will sync to all other user's Tag libraries. The lock icon keeps users from editing or deleting this Tag from their own libraries. Group Owners' accounts have the same logic, but their Tag Management only includes their own Group Tags.
A Company/Group Owner/Admin can add Company/Group Tags to the Tag library by clicking "+Add New" above.
Add / Edit Tags
To add tags to individual users, navigate to a lead profile and select the + in the "Tag" field of the Details section. If a tag does not exist, you can choose to create it:
You can also add/remove tags on up to 200 leads at once by navigating to the People Page, (1) selecting the boxes next to each lead, (2) clicking on the option to "Change Tags," and (3) selecting from the list, removing, or creating a new Tag.
Please note, the following tags are built into Chime by default: Open House, Text Code, and Chime Paid.
Chime Paid Lead Tags
All leads that enter Chime from one of our marketing campaigns currently have the Source of “Chime Paid Lead.” Now, with this update, Chime users will be able to see whether they came from one of the following in addition to that source:
- ChimePaid - Google
- ChimePaid - FB
- ChimePaid - FBform
One of the above will be added as a Tag on the lead in addition to the source being Chime Paid Lead.
- The tags can now be used for filtering specific sources even more granular, Smart Plans, etc.
- The tags can be added/removed manually if needed
See the following article for a full explanation of how to edit UTM settings: Lead Source Logic > UTM Settings. As to how this applies to tags, note that the following can be populated into Chime as tags using UTM parameters:
- Import utm_campaign as lead tags. If a lead registers via a campaign or URL with an associated "utm_campaign," that campaign will be recorded for that lead automatically as a tag. A new tag will be created if it does not already exist.
- Import utm_content as lead tags. If a lead registers via a campaign or URL with an associated "utm_content," that content will be recorded for that lead automatically as a tag. A new tag will be created if it does not already exist.
If you have any questions regarding this topic or any others, please reach out to our Support Team via email at <firstname.lastname@example.org>, by phone at 1 (855) 981-7557, or by a chat with us through your CRM.
Please sign in to leave a comment.