This feature is designed to allow Chime users to add a Facebook Live stream block to their Chime website.
- Schedule a Facebook Live Stream
- Add the Facebook Live Block
- Edit the Facebook Live Block
- Troubleshooting Tips
Schedule a Facebook Live Stream
Before you start, make sure you have a Facebook Live stream scheduled and that you have the Facebook Live embed code. Here are the steps:
- Access Facebook Live Producer at facebook.com/live/producer.
- Click "Schedule a Live Video" on the left sidebar.
- A new window will appear on the left side of the screen. Scroll down and fill in the time and date the video will go live, where the post should appear, and the title and description of the live video.
- If all of the previously mentioned fields have been filled out correctly, the grey "Schedule Live Video" button at the bottom of the page will turn blue. Click this button to schedule your broadcast.
- Finally, click Settings > Stream > Embed Code, and then copy the embed code to use further along in the process.
If needed, the video found HERE might provide some useful context on how to set this up.
*Please Note* The video will remain on the block if it is not deleted and still set to "public".
Add the Facebook Live Block
Click “+ Block” to open the Block Library.
Find the "Live" category and then select the option for Facebook and then drag it to the position where you want to add it on the page:
Edit the Facebook Live Block
Double-click the YouTube Live Block or click the "Edit" button. The following are the options that can be edited on the YouTube Live block:
- Live Name. This is the title of the block.
- Live Description. The description of the block.
Live Embed Type. Choose the integrated type for the Facebook Live Block.
- Live Embed Code: This is the recommended option because it's easy to find. Paste the code that was copied at the end of the "Schedule a Facebook Live Stream" step at the beginning of the article.
- Live URL: Paste the Facebook Live post URL that you copied in the "Schedule a YouTube Live Stream" step.
If you are having issues with Facebook Live, try these steps before contacting Chime support.
- Ensure that Facebook Live streaming is set to "public".
- Make sure you are not using the camera with another application on your device.
- Use the "embed code" option, please refer to Schedule a Facebook Live stream.
- Try to copy the "embed code" after successfully scheduling or creating a live stream:
If you have any questions regarding this topic or any others, please reach out to our Support Team via email at <firstname.lastname@example.org>, by phone at 1 (855) 981-7557, or by a chat with us through your CRM.