If you are running your own Facebook Ad campaigns, there are three ways to get your leads into Chime from Facebook. Review the descriptions and click on the link for the method that makes the most sense for your business needs.
- Facebook Landing Page Ads. You can run an ad on Facebook that, when clicked, will send the lead to a Chime-built landing page so the lead can register directly on your Chime website.
- Facebook Lead Form Ads + Chime Integration. You can run an ad on Facebook that includes a customizable lead form used to collect lead information before they are sent away from Facebook to the landing page of your choice.
- Facebook Lead Form Ads + Zapier. Similar to #2, you can run your Facebook ads with the Facebook lead form collecting the lead data, and then you will need to set up Zapier to bring the leads into Chime.
(1) Facebook Landing Page Ads (Recommended)
This is the the recommended option as it allows for your leads to click on the ad and be taken to a page (with content that matches the copy) and have the form to register directly on your Chime IDX site. This allows for them to sign right in, begin browsing listings, etc. To set this up, there are only two things you need to do:
- Create a customized landing page (or multiple) on Chime for your Facebook campaigns. For more information on how the customized landing page works with campaigns, please review the following article: Landing Pages.
- Use the landing page created in step #1 as the landing page URL for the ads. Set it up so that when a lead clicks on the ad, they will be sent to the landing page where they will register.
- Set up UTM parameters if you want to bring that information into Chime. See the paragraph below on how to do this.
UTM Settings: If you want to bring in the campaign UTM source, UTM campaign name, and UTM content for the campaign that you are running and have it assigned to the leads generated through this type of ads, you can do so by adding URL parameters to the URL of the landing page that you plan on using. In Facebook, there is a tool to help build this, but you could also use Google's Campaign URL Builder. Make sure all of the UTM information is in the URL and then associate that with the lead you are running as the destination landing page.
You can add the supported UTM strings as described in Lead Source Logic > UTM Settings. Here is what the fields look like in the Facebook builder. Note that only "Campaign Source," "Campaign Name," and "Campaign Content" can be sent to Chime.
No additional steps are needed on the CRM side because for this type of setup, leads are generated by clicking on the ad and registering on the Chime website meaning that they follow the settings of the landing page.
(2) Facebook Lead Form Ads + Chime Integration
Most CRMs are connected with Facebook Lead Form Ads via Zapier, but Chime does have a direct connection in order to allow for as much information to be brought over as possible. Once integrated, leads captured on a Facebook lead form will be automatically imported into Chime.
The Chime Facebook Lead Form Ads Integration is intended to help with the following:
- Leads generated via Facebook Lead Form Ads will be imported into your CRM automatically and immediately
- In addition to the basic information for leads, listings and search criteria that are associated with leads if they are sent to Chime pages right after will also be synced
- Leads can be classified using UTM parameters, follow specific lead routing rules, and be tagged in order to easily search leads generated from specific campaigns
- This Integration only functions on Facebook Lead Form Ads--meaning the leads must register on a Facebook form, not a Chime landing page. Instructions for that method are found above.
- Only one Facebook Business Page can be connected per Chime user account. If a user has more than one business page they would like to connect, they will be unable to do so with this option.
- Every individual user on a team is able to integrate their Facebook Ads account with Chime
- Once connected, ALL new leads captured via ANY form on the integrated Facebook Business Page will be synced to Chime.
Facebook Lead Form Setup
In order for the integration to work as intended, the lead form on Facebook must be set up correctly. Before going through the steps on Chime to connect to Facebook, make sure the forms on Facebook are setup the right way.
Make the following adjustments to all of your Facebook lead forms so that the leads will be sent to Chime, once connected, with all of the information possible. If the forms are not set up with this information, the leads will still be sent to Chime once integrated, but they will lack the customized source, tags, and lead type.
Log into your Facebook page as an admin > select "Publishing Tools" > Lead Ads Forms > Form Library > edit an existing form or create a new one.
Edit the form Settings > Tracking Parameters:
Add the following on the left side under Parameter Name (you will add the values next). Make sure they are added just as listed here (spelling, capitalization, etc.):
For the Parameter Value column, you will add the values that you want to be pushed into Chime. Adding "utm_medium" is very important in this step. Read the descriptions below so you know where they will be recorded in Chime:
- utm_source. This will be the source of the lead recorded in Chime. For context, the "source" is usually something like Zillow, Realtor.com, Homes.com, or other source names. The source is commonly used for lead routing/distribution within teams (see Agent Lead Routing Rules). If this is not defined differently here, the source entered in Chime will be "Facebook."
- utm_campaign. This will be recorded in Chime as a tag. Use this to differentiate campaigns, etc. This cannot be used for lead routing.
- utm_content. This will also be recorded in Chime as a tag. Use this as desired for additional filtering in Chime. This cannot be used for lead routing.
- utm_medium. This is the lead type in Chime. The only acceptable values in this parameter are the following:
If, for whatever reason, you do not want utm_campaign and utm_content to feed into Chime as tags, you can turn this off. See Lead Source Logic > UTM Settings for more information.
Connecting to Facebook
Navigate to Settings > Features > Lead Capture > Facebook Ads Integration:
Click on Connect and follow up the instructions in the pop-up menu:
Click on the button to "Log into Facebook" and a new window will appear allowing for you to either select an account or sign in:
Give Chime access by clicking on the button to continue:
Allow for Chime to manage your business, pages, etc.:
After you have done this, you will click on the drop-down menu on Chime to select the page you want to bring in leads from into Chime. All leads captured from ads run by that Facebook Business Page will be sent to Chime once integrated. In the screenshot below, "Chime" is one of our Facebook pages that we used as an example, but you will select your business page and then click on the blue "Connect" button:
Landing Page + Welcome Email
*IMPORTANT: When setting up this integration, leads that register are not automatically logged into your Chime website. This means if you plan on sending leads that register via Facebook forms to a specific page on your site, that you make sure to have content on that page that explains what is next. The screenshot below shows the website link field where you would choose where the lead goes when clicking on the "View Website" button:
If you want leads to be able to browse your site right away, you will want to make sure that you have the option turned on to send a Welcome Email automatically and then, on the page where they land, consider explaining to your leads that they should watch for the Welcome Email to browse listings using the credentials emailed to them. More information on the Welcome Email can be found here: Set Up the Welcome Email.
Here is where you will turn the option on/off to "Send Welcome Email" automatically to leads that are brought in via this connection.
Be sure to set up lead routing for the incoming leads from Facebook. If you want to import them as "Team Leads," (see Lead Privacy: Team Leads vs. Private Leads), you can adjust whether leads from your Facebook Lead Form Ads integration will come in as Team Leads by toggling on/off the option as seen in the screenshot below. However, you can still bring the leads in as Team Leads and have them assigned to you (as the person setting up your own integration) as long as the other settings are adjusted as explained below.
If they are team leads, they will be pushed through actual lead routing rules unless the setting under Settings > Lead Distribution > Lead Routing > New Leads is adjusted:
Adjust for "Team Owner's Leads." If the checkbox next to the above list of sources is NOT checked, leads from that source will skip lead routing and be assigned directly to the Team Owner.
Adjust for "Member's Leads." Please note that leads from unchecked sources will be assigned to agent who imported them:
Most lead routing happens based on the "Source." If the Facebook forms are setup correctly with the UTM parameters (see above), the source can be customized for each form. That source can then be used to distribute leads using the lead routing options available in Chime (see Agent Lead Routing Rules).
If you ever need to disconnect the integration, simply go to Settings > Features > Lead Capture > Facebook Ads Integration and click on the button to "Disconnect":
Confirm that you want to disconnect and it will finalize by clicking on the "Yes" button:
(3) Facebook Lead Form Ads + Zapier
If you have any questions regarding this topic or any others, please reach out to our Support Team via email at <firstname.lastname@example.org> or by phone at 1 (855) 981-7557.