PieSync is a very powerful tool that can be used to connect two services that are otherwise not connected. With PieSync's two-way sync solution, you can enrich your CRM data while empowering your other business applications.
- You must have a PieSync account/subscription in order for this connector app to work.
- After initial setup, be sure to check out the Integration Example as the last section in this article as it explains Chime's supported actions and fields on the PieSync platform.
- Have your Chime CRM contacts in sync with 231 business apps
- PieSync vs Zapier, what's the difference?
Sign into PieSync at this link https://app.piesync.com/signin or click on the option directly from the Chime > Settings > Integrations.
Find Chime by searching in PieSync:
Then, choose the app that you want to connect it to.
PieSync will take you to the second step and ask you to authorize your apps to configure the sync. You will need to log into each of the apps separately within PieSync.
After authorizing the two apps, click on the button them to go to the next step:
You will now go through the process of configuring the connection. This is the most important step to make sure the rules are set up as desired.
Be sure to adjust the additional settings at the bottom as well:
Choose the connection settings to define syncing preferences:
Saved the settings and "Start Syncing!" Anything that needs attention should appear with tips in PieSync. Before starting sync, you should check the information that already exists in both systems to avoid duplicates.
Integration Example: Google Contacts + Chime
The following is an example of how you would go about connecting Google Contacts to Chime. This is meant to show the concept that can be repeated with the variety of apps supported by PieSync.
Log into your PieSync account and choose the option for "+ New Connection" on the top bar:
Choose the first service--Google Contacts.
Choose the second service--Chime.
You will then see both apps side by side with a button below each of them to "Authorize" (unless you have already done so for previous connections):
In this example, we will first click on the the "Authorize" button for Google Contacts and follow all applicable steps. Once connected, Google Contacts will show a check mark next to that app as seen here:
Next, we will click the "Authorize" button for Chime. You will see a window here that will ask for your Chime login information. Add it and then click "Next."
Assuming everything has connected correctly, you will see Chime connected as well. Here is how it would display in this example:
Note: After connecting to Chime, you may see a text/email/web app notification come through for a new lead by the name of "PieSync Custom Fields Test." Please ignore this and note that it should auto-delete immediately without you having to do so. This is how PieSync verifies the connection and pulls in custom fields.
By default, two rules are built that sync contacts from Google Contacts to Chime and new leads from Chime to Google Contacts:
Additional actions can be added to take place in Chime as well. The following are the available options:
- add Tag. Type in the tag to add.
- add to Group. Type in the group to add.
- assign to (Agent). Choose from the drop-down of users on your team.
- update Lead Type. Choose from the drop-down with the following as options:
- remove from Group. Type in the group to remove.
- remove Tag. Type in the tag to remove.
- update Pipeline. Type in the pipeline stage to overwrite it with.
- update Source. Type in the source name to overwrite it with.
- update First Name. Type in the first name to overwrite it with.
- update Last Name. Type in the last name to overwrite it with.
If we were to edit all of the above, this is how it would appear in PieSync:
Additionally, you can set up the Field Mappings between the two systems. Default fields will be mapped but you can add additional fields. Here are the default options for Google Contacts + Chime to illustrate how this works. You can also turn these mappings off/on.
In Chime, the following additional fields are available to sync. Some are read/write only:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Mailing Address
- Assigned To (Agent)
- Birthday (ready-only)
- Birthday (write-only)
- Created At
- Last Touch
- Last Visit
- Lead Score
- Property Addresses
- Updated At
- Custom Fields. All custom fields will be available as well.
If you want to save this as a draft, you can choose the button for "Save For Later." Otherwise, you can click on the button to "Start Syncing Now!" found in the bottom-right of the setup.
If you have any questions regarding this topic or any others, please reach out to our Support Team via email at <firstname.lastname@example.org> or by phone at 1 (855) 981-7557.