The MLS connection on the Chime IDX websites is one of the most important reasons to be on Chime! That being the case, there are some common questions that we address here so that you understand more about how things work.
- (1) My MLS has more filters for finding properties on my website and setting up property alerts than what I am seeing on Chime. Is that to be expected?
- (2) Can I connect multiple MLSs to one Chime IDX site?
- (3) If I have multiple MLSs connected to one Chime IDX site, how does it treat duplicates?
(1) My MLS has more filters for finding properties on my website and setting up property alerts than what I am seeing on Chime. Is that to be expected?
Yes. Because Chime works with such a large variety of MLSs, we are unable to map all of the fields by default since they are all so different. However, we completely understand the value of adding additional filters that might be key to your business. You can send a list to your Onboarding Specialist, Customer Success Manager (CSM), or our Support Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that we can help get them added. This works best when you send screenshots directly from your MLS of the fields that you would like to have available on your Chime website and property alerts. Once we have the list and screenshots for the requested fields, it should not take more than a few business days to get them added to the site.
(2) Can I connect multiple MLSs to one Chime IDX site?
Yes, you can, as long as there are no issues with MLS compliance that would keep this from happening. The technology supports it. Note that by putting two MLSs on one website you may need to build a custom navigation for better searching on your website as the search bar will search all MLSs that are connected to your site.
(3) If I have multiple MLSs connected to one Chime IDX site, how does it treat duplicates?
The system will attempt to locate duplicates and remove one of them for a better homebuyer site experience. It will do this based on the address and will also try to identify slight differences in formatting (which can vary by MLS) such as "Street" vs "St" or "Road" vs "Rd."
If you have any questions regarding this topic or any others, please reach out to our Support Team via email at <email@example.com> or by phone at 1 (855) 981-7557.