This article was written for Account Owners/Admins and provides guidance on the different levels of permissions that are available within a team. Some permissions are enabled by default, but all teams are different. This is why permissions are maintained at an individual team level.
If you are on an Enterprise account, please see Enterprise Permissions.
- Where to Edit Permissions
- Explanation of Individual Permissions
Where to Edit Permissions
Permissions are controlled when logged into the CRM > Settings > Team > Agent > Agent Permissions:
If you would like to ENABLE the permission, turn the switch ON:
If you would like to DISABLE the permission, turn the switch OFF:
Explanation of Individual Permissions
Those with this permission enabled can...
- Control other member's permissions
- Add or remove members
- Change member's information
- Manage all sites in the team
- Manage the other user's landing pages from the Campaigns section
- Edit the Lead Pond settings
- Access the "Team Dialer Licenses" section under Settings > Dialer > Manage Dialer
- Ability to apply changes to Settings > Dialer > Inbound Call Forwarding, to the entire team (see Inbound Call Forwarding).
- Add new announcements on the Dashboard Announcement Board
- Set up Microsoft Teams Incoming Webhook Connection
Manage Team Website
With this permission enabled, it allows that member to edit and manage the team website. This is will not affect the ability to manage their own website, only applies to the main/team website.
Access All Team Leads
- Permission to manage all team leads from the team
- Turning this permission on also gives that user access to the "Agent Accountability" report in the Reporting section
- Access to the "Team Tasks" on the Tasks page
- Access to "Team Dashboard," see My vs. Team Dashboards
- Access to activity summaries on the "Activities Timeline," see Activities Timeline
Add Private Leads
Permission to add private leads. When you turn it off, the member cannot add private leads and any new leads imported from Third-party and subdomain will be team leads, but existing private leads will not be affected. For more information on this topic, please reference Lead Privacy: Team Leads vs. Private Leads.
This is a function that gives the user access to delete leads. Note that users without the “Delete Lead” permission can still finalize the deletion process by erasing leads from “Deleted Leads” on the People page, but they cannot send them there anymore.
This gives the member permission to export leads. See Lead Export.
This gives the member permission to edit or delete the following:
- Shared Tags
- Pipeline stages
Users with this permission can...
- Edit or delete shared email templates
- Edit or delete Team Smart Plan templates
- Edit or delete Open House questionnaires
- Edit designs in the Design Center (see Design Center)
Users with this permission can...
- Set up and manage Lead Routing/Logs. See Lead Routing Rules.
- Set up/manage Lead Pond. See Lead Pond.
- Set up/manage Custom Fields. See Custom Fields.
- Set up/manage Reporting goals (both Team Goals and individual agent goals)
- Check the box under Auto Property Alerts to "Apply for team" for any settings that have been configured.
- Set up/manage Re-Routing Groups. See Re-Routing Groups.
Edit Own Website
If this permission is turned OFF, that Chime user will be unable to edit their CMS for their Agent Subdomains. If already created, the Team Owner/Admin can still control these websites.
Also, by disabling this permission, agent users will not be able to find and purchase Agent Websites via the Chime Marketplace. If this permission is OFF, team members will also not be able to add an Agent Subdomain manually on their own (see Add Websites for Your Team Members).
This permission also connects to the "Manage Team" permission. Here are the two situations with how they interact and the help message that will appear if you attempt what is in the "Action" column:
Manage Team: OFF
Edit Own Website: OFF
|Turn "Manage Team" ON||This permission cannot be turned on until you turn on the "Edit Own Website" permission first.|
Manage Team: ON
Edit Own Website: ON
|Turn "Edit Own Website" OFF||You must turn off the permission to "Manage Team" before turning this one off.|
Add Landing Pages
With this permission enabled, an agent user on an account can build up to 10 landing pages using the account owner's website. In other words, even if the agent user does not have their own website (Agent Subdomain or Agent Website), they can still build landing pages, but only 10 of them. And they can only do so if this permission is enabled. When a new account is added, it will have this permission enabled by default.
*IMPORTANT: This permission also affects landing pages created on an Agent Subdomain or Agent Website which means that if disabled, agent users will not be able to create any landing pages at all.
See Landing Pages.
Partial Lead Conversion
This permission will limit the users who can use the paid-for service to convert partial leads by searching for data associated with an address. Only those who are given this permission can convert the leads and charge the $0.30/partial lead conversion to the Team Owner/Admin's card on file. Those without this permission can still convert a lead by manually adding information, etc.
See Partial Leads.
If you have any questions regarding this topic or any others, please reach out to our Support Team via email at <email@example.com>, by phone at 1 (855) 981-7557, or by a chat with us through your Chime CRM.