We have developed a tool that is designed to save time and simplify your digital marketing efforts--all directly in the Chime platform. This tool is designed to promote your listings on Facebook and Instagram. With this tool, you can:
- Capture buyer and seller leads
- Create beautiful, optimized Facebook Lead Ad campaigns on your own
- Change ad creatives and content whenever you want
- Run an auto promotion campaign that will automatically adjust the ad as the listing status changes
- Stay in total control of your listing promotion ads
- Start a Campaign
- Review Ad Performance
Start a Campaign
To start a listing ads campaign, navigate to Campaigns > Lead Engine > Listing Ads > + Promote a Listing:
Choose a Package
Select the package that you would like to use to promote the listing:
- Auto Promotion: allows listings in different status to have different ad content and automatically switches the ad content based on the change in the status of the listing.
- The minimum price for this package is $199
- Only users with a Chime IDX site can choose this package
- Unable to promote pocket listings
- Basic Promotion: only allows for one type of ad content.
- The minimum price for this package is $99.
- Able to promote pocket listings
- The higher the ad spend budget, the more ads will be viewed. You will see the estimated number of views calculated based on the budget provided.
Choose a Listing
Select a listing. It might must be either a listing on the MLS or a pocket listing in order to be promoted, you cannot create a promotion if it is not one of those two.
*IMPORTANT: In order to promote this listing, you must be the listing agent or have permission from the listing agent to do so.
Choose from the suggestions provided by typing in an address:
Click on "Save" when you have found the listing that you would like to promote:
Also, note that if you chose the "Basic Promotion," you can promote a a pocket listing. It's the same steps but instead of searching the MLS for a listing, you will select the link to "+ Add Pocket Listing":
When the listing is selected, you will be able to see a quick preview of the listing as well as a link to view it on your Chime IDX website in case you want to confirm it is the right one:
Choose the Duration
- The duration for "Auto Promotion" will default to two weeks and cannot be changed. An "End Date" cannot be selected for the "Auto Promotion" package.
- The duration for "Basic Promotion" will default to one week, but can be changed as long as there is enough ad spend per day available
- If the duration is too long for the ad spend specified, more ad spend will have to be added and the system will prompt you. Chime recommends at least $5/day for effective advertising
Confirm Payment Information and "Checkout"
If you are ready to proceed and purchase this promotion, review (or add) your payment information and then click on the "Checkout" button:
Connect Facebook Business Page
First of all, you will want to make sure your Facebook Business page is connected to run the promotions. Do so by clicking on the "Select Page" button and following the provided steps:
Choose Ad Copy and Images
You can now select the ad copy (default content is included). After choosing the listing, AI will attempt to choose images automatically (you can override it if you would like) that include swimming pools, living rooms, bedrooms, kitchens, etc.).
Once images are selected, you can choose the copy used. If you chose the option for an "Auto Promotion," you will see that you can choose the copy that will be advertised at each stage of the listing (and will change automatically).
To choose images, click on the "Select Images" button:
A new window will then appear where you will first choose the images that you would like to use from the MLS, or you can upload better images from your computer if you would like. If you are uploading images, here are the technical rules and recommendations:
- Image File Type: JPG or PNG
- Ratio: 1.91:1 to 1:1
- Number of Images: 1 to 10
- Image Maximum File Size: 30MB
- Minimum Width/Height: 600 pixels
After having the images selected, you can then choose the headline and description for each individual image used:
And finally, you can choose what the CTA (Call To Action) button will display as by clicking the dropdown menu:
Define Lead Capture Settings
Finally, you will define the lead capture settings:
- Lead Type - Do you want the ad to be seen by more buyers or more sellers?
- Lead Privacy (see Lead Privacy: Team Leads vs. Private Leads)
- Team Lead
- Private Lead
- Assignment Method
- Direct Assignment --> Assign to Agent _____________
- Assign via Lead Routing Rules
- Source (cannot be changed)
- Chime Listing Ads
- Currently, only one tag can be selected
When you are ready to finalize the setup, click "Submit":
Review Website Registration Settings
Keep in mind that leads that register via Listing Ads will only do so if your website forced registration is configured to capture their information. In other words, when a lead registers from a listing ad, they will be redirected to your website. So, check your registration settings to make sure that they are set up for this type of campaign and will trigger a forced registration if that is your goal.
To find this setting, navigate to CMS > Settings > Lead Capture > Registration Pop-up Trigger Rule and Pop-up Style & Settings:
Review Ad Performance
Under Campaigns > Lead Engine > Listing Ads, you will see the performance for any listings ads that are running:
A summary of all listing ads is provided at the top:
Choose from the different campaign statuses to find your campaigns:
- Active. Listing Ads that are active and running.
- Pending. Listing Ads that are scheduled to run on a future date.
- Completed. Listing Ads that have finished their scheduled run time.
Clicking on one specific Listing Ad campaign will show the performance of that campaign as well as a history of leads that are engaged. An "Engaged Lead" is anyone who goes to the landing page or detail page through this ad and fills out certain information to create a lead in the CRM:
You can also edit the ad that is live if you would like to make any changes. This includes editing the copy as well as editing images used:
- How long does it take for an ad to be created and/or edited?
- If I pay for a Listing Ad but did not finish the setup process, what happens?
- Can ads be run for properties that are not on the MLS or pocket listings?
- What type of targeting is in place with these ads?
- Is this accessible by all users on an account?
- Which packages can access this feature?
- Can the "Auto Promotion" package be run with a Pocket Listing?
How long does it take for an ad to be created and/or edited?
Typically, a 30-minute delay should be expected. While it is still not live, it will display under the "Pending" tab:
If I pay for a Listing Ad but did not finish the setup process, what happens?
The promotion will be saved under the "Pending" tab where you can click to continue configuration:
Can ads be run for properties that are not on the MLS or pocket listings?
No. The listing must either be a Pocket Listing or one fed into Chime via MLS data. This ad type is specifically for promoting listings, not running other types of Facebook ads. A listing must have a listing details page in order to have an associated ad.
What type of targeting is in place with these ads?
The Chime Ads Team will manage targeting based on a combination of criteria used to generate buyer leads. We do not support the ability for users to configure their own audiences.
Is this accessible by all users on an account?
Yes. All users on an account with access to this feature can run Listing Ads. This includes Team Owners/Admins as well as individual team members/agents. The Basic Promotion can be run by anyone, but the Auto Promotion requires an IDX website (Team Website, Agent Subdomain, or Agent Website).
Which packages can access this feature?
Users on all packages can purchase the "Basic Promotion" package. Only users on packages with IDX can purchase the "Auto Promotion" package as it requires listing status information
Can the "Auto Promotion" package be run with a Pocket Listing?
No, an "Auto Promotion" Listing Ads can only be run with a listing from the MLS as it requires listing status information and does not work for Pocket Listings.
Can I cancel a Listing Ad that I already paid for but no longer want to run?
Yes, but this is a manual process. Please contact the Chime Support Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to process this request.
Can Listing Ads be seen in my Facebook Manager?
Yes. During the setup process for Listing Ads you have to connect your Facebook Business Page. If you want to see your ads on Facebook, you can access them via your business page as well. All the important reporting, leads captured, previews, etc. will be displayed in the Chime Campaigns tab for your review, so there is not a real need to log in to Facebook to see them there.
What website is used to run the listing ads?
If the Team Owner/Admin runs Listing Ads, they will be connected to the Team Website. If an individual agent runs Listing Ads it will default to their Agent Subdomain or Agent Website and if neither of those has been created it will use the Team Website.
If you have any questions regarding this topic or any others, please reach out to our Support Team via email at <email@example.com> or by phone at 1 (855) 981-7557.