The goal of this article is to provide answers to some of the most common questions that are asked regarding the AI Assistant / Chatbot. If you have questions that are not answered via this article, please reference the other Help Center articles regarding the AI Assistant (found here) or send an email to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- Can I take over the conversation and pretend to be my AI Assistant?
- Will the AI Assistant apply to my whole team? And can I choose which websites?
- What should I do with the Smart Plans that I have built if I enable the AI Assistant?
- Will the AI Assistant make mistakes?
- At what point is a lead considered "engaged"?
- Can I combine Smart Plan functionality with the activity of the AI Assistant?
- How is lead routing and the "Assigned To" section affected by the AI Assistant?
- What happens when the limit on the number of available engagements is reached?
- Can the AI Assistant be texted directly by a lead and have the qualification process started?
- Why would an individual agent on a team want to purchase the AI Assistant on their own? How does it work?
Can I take over the conversation and pretend to be my AI Assistant?
No, this is not a current feature. In fact, the AI Assistant's functionality would reflect that of a real assistant who, if they were to be replaced in a conversation, would likely have a separate phone number, etc.
So, if you try to take over a conversation that the AI Assistant is having with a lead, know that your message will come from your virtual number, not the AI Assistant's. This means that the lead will have a separate conversation in their mobile messages. Be sure to present yourself and reference the separate conversation.
Will the AI Assistant apply to my whole team? And can I choose which websites?
By default, the AI Assistant is assigned at the team level and will work all Team Leads that match the criteria set up (see AI Assistant / Chatbot Setup Process). If the website portion is enabled, it will be installed on all websites (Team Website, Agent Websites, and Agent Subdomains).
There are settings, however, that allow for you to choose which website you want the AI Assistant to appear on:
And for text message qualification, you can choose specific lead sources, lead types, and most importantly for this question, the assigned agent.
This works because the AI Assistant will not begin working to qualify a new lead until after lead routing has finished assigning the lead to an agent.
What should I do with the Smart Plans that I have built if I enable the AI Assistant?
Initial Smart Plans (especially those with auto texts) should likely be disabled if you have the AI Assistant turned on to avoid confusion. You can make that decision knowing that the AI Assistant's goal is to qualify the lead and then hand it off to you. You can learn more about that qualification process by referencing the following article: AI Assistant / Chatbot Qualification Process.
Will the AI Assistant make mistakes?
Yes, the AI Assistant will likely make mistakes, but so do real people. If the AI Assistant does not recognize the direction the conversation is heading, it will attempt to hand it off to you as the agent.
- The AI Assistant works as your everyday assistant by using machine learning and natural language processing technologies. In general, it works in the following steps:
(a) comprehend end-user’s conversation, (b) match end-user’s conversation with the "intent" the AI Assistant can recognize, (c) trigger responses or actions according to the matching results. To make the AI Assistant understand, capture, and process your leads better, we taught it what to say and how to behave in many common scenarios. Mistakes may occur when the AI Assistant encounters some "intents" that it has not yet learned yet. Or, like us human beings, the AI Assistant may misunderstand the end-user's intent and then offer responses that do not match their expectation.
- The behavior of the AI Assistant is monitored by our system. When it is found incompetent, the AI Assistant will go through some targeted learning processes. By continuing to learn, the AI Assistant will be able to react in more and more circumstances.
It is important to note that the AI Assistant may not always sound exactly like a real person. We invite you to provide feedback to help it to improve (see AI Assistant / Chatbot Qualification Process > Training / Improving the AI Assistant).
At what point is a lead considered "engaged"?
The AI Assistant packages are based on the number of "engaged" leads. A lead is considered "engaged" if they respond to at least one message (via text message or via website chat).
Can I combine Smart Plan functionality with the activity of the AI Assistant?
Yes. In most scenarios, we recommend turning off Smart Plans for new leads if the AI Assistant will be doing the initial qualification work. This will help avoid confusion on messages being sent. However, the AI Assistant will add tags to leads depending on their behavior during the conversation (see AI Assistant / Chatbot Qualification Process > Tagging) and these tags could then be used to trigger a Smart Plan to follow up according to that tag (see Smart Plans).
Please note that you can also import specific Smart Plans designed to continue the conversation after the initial AI Assistant process. These are optional but you will find them in the Smart Plan Library here:
Please also note that if a lead responds to the AI Assistant, it will not currently count as "lead reaching out" for the auto-pause criteria on Smart Plans. This means that the AI Assistant activity will not auto-pause a Smart Plan.
How is lead routing and the "Assigned To" section affected by the AI Assistant?
Lead routing is not affected by the AI Assistant working a lead. In fact, the AI Assistant will not begin working a lead until the lead routing has been complete.
Lead routing will continue as currently established and the users who are typically assigned to leads will still be added to the "Assigned To" section of a lead profile. These assigned users can then monitor conversations as mentioned described more in detail in AI Assistant / Chatbot Qualification Process.
What happens when the limit on the number of available engagements is reached?
If using the "Premium" package, a specific cap can be set or engagements can continue without a limit (see AI Assistant / Chatbot Billing). Otherwise, AI Assistant engagement will stop. As a reminder, an "engagement" is when a lead responds to at least one message sent by the AI Assistant. Without available engagements to use, the AI Assistant will no longer respond via text message or website chat. On the site, the standard chat box will appear to replace the AI Assistant.
Can the AI Assistant be texted directly by a lead and have the qualification process started?
No, the AI Assistant cannot be texted directly in order to have the qualification process start. However, you could consider using the Text Code workaround solution (see Text Codes for Lead Capture) and have the AI Assistant work the leads entering via that source.
Will I still be charged for the AI Assistant if I have disabled all the qualification checkboxes in the AI Assistant settings?
Yes. You will need to remove the AI Assistant package completely in order for the billing to end. Simply unchecking the checkboxes on the qualification scenarios will not cancel billing.
Why would an individual agent on a team want to purchase the AI Assistant on their own? How does it work?
Individual agents can purchase their own AI Assistant via the Chime Marketplace. Instructions for adding are found HERE. Agents can also participate in a 30-day free trial of the AI Assistant.
Reasons for adding an individual AI Assistant might include the following:
- Private Leads (see Lead Privacy: Team Leads vs. Private Leads) can be worked by an individual agent's AI Assistant. The Team-level AI Assistant cannot work private leads.
- In scenarios where the Team Owner/Admin does not want/need to purchase a team AI Assistant, individual agents can add their own
- The AI Assistant's name can be personalized with an individual agent's AI Assistant, meaning it can be different from a team AI Assistant if one is already set up
A few important notes to keep in mind:
- If the lead was assigned to an agent who doesn't have the AI Assistant but the Team Owner/Admin does, the team-level AI Assistant will follow up. But, if that agent has their own AI Assistant, their individual AI Assistant will follow up with the lead.
- The individual AI Assistant will only follow up with leads where their agent is listed in the primary "Agent" role
If you have any questions regarding this topic or any others, please reach out to our Support Team via email at <email@example.com> or by phone at 1 (855) 981-7557.