Design and print postcards all within the Chime platform! Use this feature to create designs, configure engagement mechanisms, and send postcards to your database or an uploaded list of recipients. Postcards can be used as a tool that compliments the rest of the digital automation features in Chime to make sure you have all your marketing and lead generation covered.
- Postcard Product Information
- Sending Postcards
- Postcard Campaign Reporting
Postcard Product Information
Only the following postcard sizes are available:
- 4" x 6"
- 6" x 9"
- 6" x 11"
- Basis Weight: 100# - 120# Cover
- GSM: 255 - 325
- Full Bleed 1 Side UV Gloss
- 10% PCW Product
- FSC Certified
All postcards are sent via the United States Postal Service (USPS).
First Class Mail - $1.49/postcard
- Supported Postcard Sizes
- 4" x 6"
- 6" x 9"
- 6" x 11"
- Estimated Delivery Time
- 4 - 6 business days
Standard Mail - $0.99/postcard
- Supported Postcard Sizes
- 6" x 9"
- 6" x 11"
- Estimated Delivery Time
- 7 - 21 business days
You can choose to (a) pay per use on a postcard or you can (b) purchase postcard print packages to save money by purchasing in bulk.
(a) Pay-Per-Use Cost
- USPS First Class Mail - $1.49/postcard
- USPS Standard Mail - $0.99/postcard
(b) Print Package Cost
You will be presented with the option to purchase postcard print packages during the order process of the postcards or on the main Campaigns > Postcards page if you have never used postcards in Chime before.
Period of Validity
- Credits are used to purchase postcards.
- 1 postcard mailed by USPS Standard Mail requires 1 credit.
- 1 postcard mailed by USPS First Class Mail requires 1.5 credits.
- All unused credits will be removed after the last day of the package period of validity.
If you have purchased a print package, you will have access to the credit balance as well as the expiration date directly on Campaigns > Postcards:
Navigate to Campaigns > Postcards:
If it's your first time on this page, click on the blue button to Start Sending Postcards Now! Or, if it's not your first time, simply click on the button to + Send New Postcards.
Choose from a system templates, your own designs, or click on the button to + New Design:
You will then build out your design using the available features in the Design Center. The default postcard size is the following: 6" X 9" postcard size (Height 1875px x Width 2775px).
For more information on how to best use the Design Center, please see Design Center.
*IMPORTANT: While building out your design, be sure to add an "Engagement Mechanism" to capture leads. Please review THIS ARTICLE on how to do so and then continue with the instructions below once you have embedded your engagement tool.
When you are ready to order postcards, click on the blue Order Postcards button:
A panel will appear on the right side of the screen walking you through the next steps.
First of all, choose the pages of the design that you want to be the FRONT and BACK of the postcard.
In this initial version of the Chime postcard feature, we HIGHLY RECOMMEND choosing a system-built back page because it will outline where the recipient address, etc. will go in the bottom-right of the design. If you are using your own design, this is not visible. After inserting a system-built design, you will need to edit the design but leave the bottom-right portion untouched. This will be optimized in the future to be more intuitive.
If you want to change the size of your postcard design to one of the other options, you can do so here:
Before continuing, pay special attention to the IMPORTANT not that is highlighted. You will see some dotted "safety lines" on your design. Anything outside of the safety lines is at risk of being cut off during the postcard printing process. So, make sure that nothing important is going to get cut off. It's okay for the background to go past the safety lines because you will want to avoid having a white outline on your design if your background is too small.
Repeat the review process for the back page to your design as well.
Just check your logos, other key elements (other than the background) to make sure they are within the safety lines and then click Continue:
You will then be taking to the configuration page. The first section allows for you to change the design or select the FRONT and BACK to the postcard. You can click to preview as well.
You will then choose the postcard recipients. Depending on the number of recipients selected, the total cost will appear at the bottom-left.
Existing Leads. Leads already in your database. You will need to make sure they are in a group PRIOR to starting this process. You can then choose leads in a specific group/pipeline combination to send the postcards to.
Upload Mailing Addresses. You can upload a spreadsheet with mailing addresses. This file needs to have the following columns:
- First Name
- Last Name
Choose the delivery option. The total cost will adjust based on what you have selected.
And then select the date that you would like to send out the cards. The earliest available date will appear here by default, but if you want you can schedule a future date.
Finally, review the total cost for sending out the postcards and then click on the blue Check Out button:
On this page, you will be presented with a summary of what you are sending out, how many, total cost, etc.
If you would like to add a print package, you can click on the blue "Learn More" hyperlinked text.
You will then be presented with an option to choose a print package. You will be provided with information to show the amount you will save when choosing a prepaid print package as well.
You can also add payment information if you do not have a card on file.
When you are ready to pay for the cards and schedule their print date, click on the blue Pay Now button:
A confirmation message will be presented to you:
Postcard Campaign Reporting
After campaigns are built, you can navigate back to Campaigns > Postcards, and you should see any campaigns that are being run. Click on the name of any campaign to open up the specific information regarding that campaign.
After clicking into an individual campaign, the following information is available:
- Campaign Name. The name given automatically to the campaign when created as well as the date the campaign was created (YYYYMMDD)
- Campaign Status
- Scheduled: You have paid, but the scheduled print date has not yet been reached.
- Delivering: The postcard designs have been sent to the printer to process and send the postcards. Cards are still in transit.
- Finished: If the delivery status of all recipients in the mailing list is in a "final" status, this status will be displayed. "Final" means any of the following: Delivered, Re-Routed, “Returned To Sender.
- Delayed: If the scheduled print date has been reached or passed but the client has not completed the engagement setup which is a requirement to send if that element was added.
- Last Updated. The last time this campaign report was updated.
- Settings. This will only appear if the Campaign Status = "Scheduled". With this option you can (1) edit the design or (2) change the engagement settings:
- Postcard Preview. A thumbnail preview of the front page of the postcard design.
- Total Sent. The total number of postcards sent.
- Delivering. Postcard with any of the following delivery statuses:
- In Transit
- In Local Area
- Processed for Delivery
- Delivered. Postcard with any of the following delivery statuses:
- Engaged Leads / New Leads. If an existing lead is engaged it will show up in the large number but only newly captured leads will display in the "New Leads" number
- Download. Use this option to download a delivery report for this postcard campaign in CSV format including the following fields:
- Lead Full Name
- Mailing Address
- Lead Name. This refers to the specific lead in your database that was sent a postcard. The lead name is clickable and will take you to the lead profile. This column will not be visible if the postcards are sent to uploaded addresses via CSV.
- Mailing Address. The mailing address that the postcard was sent to for that lead. This column will be changed to the name of "Recipients" if postcards are sent to uploaded addresses via CSV.
- Status. The following statuses are possible:
- Scheduled. Postcard has been paid for and is scheduled to be sent on the defined print date.
- Invalid Address.
- Printing. The printer is working on printing the postcard.
- In Transit. The postcard is being processed at the entry/origin facility.
- In Local Area. The postcard is being processed at the destination facility.
- Processed for Delivery. The postcard has been given the green light for delivery at the recipient's nearest postal facility. The postcard should reach the mailbox within 1 business day of this status being shown.
- Delivered. The postcard is marked as "Delivered" one business day after the "Processed for Delivery" status.
- Re-Routed. The postcard was re-routed due to recipient change of address, address errors, or USPS relabeling of barcode/ID tag area.
- Returned. The postcard is being returned to sender due to barcode, ID tag area, or address errors.
The information shown here will vary depending on how you uploaded your recipients. Also, no activity will be shown here if you did not add a Text Code/QR Code to the postcards.
(1) Selected existing leads in the database to receive postcards
- #lead_full_name# (#phone_number#) sent text code #text_code# to the tracking number.
- #lead_full_name# scanned the QR code.
(2) Uploaded a CSV with mailing address to receive postcards
- #mailing_address# (#phone_number#) sent text code #text_code# to the tracking number. View Lead Details
- A: #mailing_address# scanned the QR code.
- B: #mailing_address# registered as a lead #lead_full_name#.
Here is another sample screenshot to give you an idea of the content that will appear on this page:
- Can I send postcards to Canada?
- Can I send postcards directly from the People page?
- If I scheduled a postcard to be sent, is it possible to edit the design before it sends?
- Can I upload my own designs and mail postcards via Chime?
- If I want to cancel a postcard campaign that has not yet been sent, how can I do that?
- If I did not use a system-built back page and my design did not account for the recipient/postage information, what will this look like?
- Can I purchase more than one print package at a time?
- Will I be notified before my print package credits expire?
Can I send postcards to Canada?
No, currently we do not support sending postcards to addresses located in Canada.
Can I send postcards directly from the People page?
Yes, you can choose an audience for your postcards by navigating to the People page, selecting the leads you want to send postcards to, and then clicking on the button to Send Postcards. Only leads that have mailing addresses on their lead profile will be able to receive postcards.
You may receive a warning informing you that only a certain number of the leads selected have a mailing address associated with their profile. In other words, the exact number of leads that you selected will only be sent postcards if they all have mailing addresses.
If I scheduled a postcard to be sent, is it possible to edit the design before it sends?
No, not at the present time.
Can I upload my own designs and mail postcards via Chime?
Yes, to some extent. An Upload Design button is available in the template screen:
This adds the uploaded image directly to the design for your use. When uploading an image, the postcard canvas will remain the default size and the image will be added to that canvas size.
Please note the following:
- Only JPG and PNG file types are currently supported. PSD is not supported in this version.
- The file size must be ≤ 10 MB
If I want to cancel a postcard campaign that has not yet been sent, how can I do that?
If you would like to cancel a postcard campaign that is scheduled to send in a future date, please contact our Support Team via email at <firstname.lastname@example.org> or by phone at 1 (855) 981-7557.
You cannot cancel a campaign that has already been started.
Currently, there is no option to cancel a campaign directly in the platform.
If I did not use a system-built back page and my design did not account for the recipient/postage information, what will this look like?
As a reminder, we recommend choosing the system-built back page because it will outline the recipient details in a red box at the bottom-right of the design so that you do not have any important information overwritten. However, if you do, any content you put in the bottom-right of the postcard design will be overwritten like this example:
Can I purchase more than one print package at a time?
No, the entire credit balance of an existing package must be used before another package can be purchased. However, if you are sending a campaign that would use up the entire balance, the option will be available for you to purchase another print package during the final order process for the postcards.
Will I be notified before my print package credits expire?
Currently, there is no remind configured. However, this is being considered for future optimizations here. For now, you will want to pay attention to the expiration date (AKA "Period of Validity") for each postcard print package.
If you have any questions regarding this topic or any others, please reach out to our Support Team via email at <email@example.com> or by phone at 1 (855) 981-7557.