A "Company Number" is a virtual number that is shared by all team members on a Chime team. This is different from what is referred to as a "Personal Number" which is the virtual number that belongs to and is utilized by an individual user. A "Company Number" is simply a virtual number and does not have its own allocated usage. Usage (call minutes or text messages) is still pulled from an individual user's associated call/text package (included or added-on).
Please also note that in order to have a Personal Number, you will need to upgrade your text/call package which includes the use of a Personal Number.
- Company Number Settings
- Outbound Logic
- Inbound Logic
Company Number Settings
The Company Number settings are managed by the Team Owner/Admin by navigating to Settings > Dialer > Company Number.
If you have not yet done so, you will need to select a virtual number to be used as the Company Number. You will also need to give the number a description (a title) so that you can reference it in the future. Finally, you will need to decide to whom inbound content is forwarded when it is received from a lead that is not already in the database.
Please note that currently forwarding to one specific person when an unknown number is calling the Company Number is the only option available. Future improvements will likely include a blast-type feature for multiple agents.
Purchasing additional Company Numbers
The Company Owner (no other roles at this point in time) can buy and assign Company Numbers to groups within their Enterprise organization. The cost is $27/month/company number.
To purchase, navigate to Settings > Company Number > Buy New Company Number:
Only one Company Number can be assigned to each group.
*IMPORTANT: This feature is only available for the Enterprise package. As a reminder, a Company Number is simply a virtual number within the Chime platform. In order to use the Company Number, individual users must have a call/text package associated with their seat.
Source and Tag for Company Number
A Source and Tag may be added to the Company Number, which will display when an unknown number calls the Company Number and will list that Source and Tag for new leads who are captured via an incoming call to the Company Number. An unlimited amount of Company Numbers may be purchased, but only one (1) Source and Tag may be added to the Company Number.
To add a Source and Tag to the Company Number, first, edit the Company Number.
When a phone number that is not associated with a lead calls the Company Number and is not answered by the Agent, the notification will have the following information:
- Source: (Source added to Company Number)
- Phone Number:(Phone number that called)
- An option to click to add as a new lead or associate with an existing lead
- If this is being added as a New Lead, the lead's Source will be the Source applied to the Company Number and the Tag will be added to the lead's profile
- If this is being associated with an existing lead, which already has a Source, the Source applied to the Company Number will be added to the lead's profile as a Tag and the Tag will also be added to the lead's profile as a Tag
Reminder: A Lead may have many Tags, but only one (1) Source.
Outbound Manual Texts
If you have both a Personal Number and a Company Number, you will be able to choose between both options when sending a manual text message by selecting the From or the Sender Number drop-downs:
Outbound Auto Texts
Auto texts are those sent by Smart Plans and Welcome Texts. The setting for Sender ID to Display as connected to your dialer license settings is what determines whether the Company Number or the Personal Number (if you have one) is set to send auto text messages. If you edit this option and choose a "Sender ID to Display," then that is the number that will be used for auto-texts. If you do not choose a "Sender ID to Display," then it will default to use the Personal Number if available and if not, it will use the Company Number as the secondary option.
You can choose to use any of the following when making an outbound call:
- (a) Company Number
- (b) Personal Number (requires upgrade)
- (c) Bridge Number
Inbound calls/texts from EXISTING leads will be sent directly to the user listed in the primary "Agent" role of a lead record:
Inbound calls/texts from UNKNOWN leads will be sent directly to the specific user defined in the Company Number settings. See the above image.
Duplicate Phone Number
There are two different scenarios here:
- Multiple leads have the same phone number
- The primary agent on the leads is the same user
If there are multiple leads with the same phone number and their primary agent is the same, the call/text will be sent to that agent and a timeline record will be made on all the lead records for the leads with that phone number.
- Multiple leads have the same phone number
- The primary agent on the leads is not the same user
If there are different primary agents on leads with the same phone number, the call/text will be sent to the agent who owns the lead that was created most recently and a timeline record will be made only on that lead's timeline within their lead profile.
- Because everyone will be using the same Company Number (technically one virtual number), are there any limitations on how many people can use it at the same time?
- Is there a permission that can be set so that only certain team members can use the Company Number?
- How will a Company Number work with listing on a business card or other marketing purposes?
- Can the Company Number be used for Text Codes via the Campaigns page? Or with Postcards?
- Is there a permission that allows other users to be able to edit Company Number settings?
Because everyone will be using the same Company Number (technically, one virtual number), are there any limitations on how many people can use it at the same time?
- Texting. There is no limit to the number of text messages that can be sent/received at the same time as the Company Number.
- Calling. There is a limit (due to provider limitation) that no more than 50 inbound calls can be supported at the same exact time. If this limit is reached, the Company Number will no longer be able to answer calls.
Is there a permission that can be set so that only certain team members can use the Company Number?
No, currently there is no permission of this type meaning all users on a team can use it as long as it is configured.
How will a Company Number work with listing on a business card or other marketing purposes?
A Company Number would likely not be effective in these scenarios because, according to the logic outlined above for "unknown leads," calls/texts from individuals not in your database will have to be sent to one specific person meaning they would likely not make it to you if you are not that person. A "Personal Number" would be more appropriate for marketing uses.
Can the Company Number be used for Text Codes via the Campaigns page? Or with postcard engagement?
No. Currently, the Company Number can only be used for inbound/outbound texts and calls. This means that the ability to send out postcards with a text code engagement mechanism or simply use the text codes on their own will not be accessible without upgrading to a new text package which of course includes access to your own Personal Number.
Is there a permission that allows other users to be able to edit Company Number settings?
No. Only the Team Owner/Admin can edit Company Number settings.
What number is used by default to send auto-texts?
See Outbound Auto Texts.
If you have any questions regarding this topic or any others, please reach out to our Support Team via email at <email@example.com>, by phone at 1 (855) 981-7557, or by a chat with us through your Chime CRM.
Article is closed for comments.