This article explains how billing, usage, and availability (upgrades, etc.) apply to call/text packages that are added to your account.
You are charged on your billing date (this should be on the first of the month) for the call/text package of the current month. A detailed explanation follows.
- Call/Text Package Pricing
- Add / Upgrade / Downgrade
- Personal Virtual Number
- Texting Usage Details
- Call Usage Details
Call/Text Package Pricing
|Basic||Standard||Accelerator||Unlimited||Three Line Dialer|
|Cost||Included w/certain packages. Cannot be purchased separately.
Overages not allowed.
+ $0.03/minute of overages.
+ $0.03/minute of overages.
$69/month (1-2 seats)
|Click To Call||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Voice Message Drop||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Caller ID Setting||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Standard Call Lists||No||No||10 or less||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Smart Call List||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Inbound/Outbound Voice Message||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Archive Call Lists||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Multi-Line Dialing||No||No||No||No||1, 2, or 3 lines|
|Cost||Included with w/certain packages. Cannot be purchased separately.||Included with w/certain packages. Cannot be purchased separately.||$15/month||$30/month||
$0.01/extra text above 30,000/month
Add / Upgrade / Downgrade
The following table outlines what happens when you purchase, upgrade, or cancel a call/text package as associated with availability and billing.
|When are features upgraded/downgraded?||Is a charge made at the time the change is made?||What is the charge that will be on the following month's billing date?|
|Purchase Call/Text Package||Immediately||
Yes, the prorated amount for the number of remaining days in the month
|New Package Monthly Cost|
|Upgrade Call/Text Package||Immediately||No||New Package Monthly Cost|
|Cancel Call/Text Package||Immediately||No||None|
Personal Virtual Number
(CRM + IDX)
|Only available when a call/text package is upgraded (an add-on is purchased). Not available for call/text packages included as part of the platform package cost.||With Upgrade||Yes. Included for each individual user.||With Upgrade||With Upgrade||With Upgrade|
Texting Usage Details
- Text usage includes both outbound texts and, only when the option is turned on, inbound texts that are forwarded with the "Forward Received Texts" option. This setting is found where you configure your call/text package settings.
- If a text goes over the character limit, it will count as multiple text messages. One message can have a maximum of 160 characters, but only 70 characters if special characters are used. The following characters are not considered "special characters," meaning that any others (including emojis) will count as special characters:
- If any task reminders (see Task Management) are set up via text message, this will also use the available text allotment on your Text Package.
- Standard text notifications triggered by Chime (see Chime Notifications) do not count as usage.
Call Usage Details
- Both inbound and outbound calls using the virtual number count toward call package usage
- You will be charged any additional amount ($0.03/min/call) if the actual call usage exceeds the established amount in the package. This will be added to your bill for the following month as this is not something that can be pre-paid.
Unlimited Call Package Explanation
When adding a call package, you might have noticed that the Unlimited Call Package is displayed as the more economic option. Please note that this is indeed the case but only if you have 20+ seats with that same call package added. There is also a discount available at 3-19 seats, but otherwise, the price for 1-2 seats on the Unlimited Call Package has no discount applied.
Please note that if you move a call package from the Unlimited option to the Three Line Dialer option, the pricing for Unlimited will be adjusted accordingly as the Three Line Dialer is not part of that bundle discount.
Daily Call Limit
Please note that the Three Line Dialer has a daily dial limit of 2,000. That limit is specifically when dialing out using 2 or 3-line modes. There is no limit to dialing with just 1 line. There is also no daily dial limit for the Unlimited package either (it just uses one line).
If you have any questions regarding this topic or any others, please reach out to our Support Team via email at <firstname.lastname@example.org>, by phone at 1 (855) 981-7557, or by a chat with us through your Chime CRM.