Please note that temporarily, the built-in Gmail Email Integration will not be available to use when attempting to connect your Gmail to Chime. This is due to a scheduled (and expected) integration review by Google. Once the verification is given following this review, the direct integration will be available again.
- This integration unavailability will not affect users who have already integrated their Gmail accounts with Chime. If you have already integrated Gmail to your account, you can disregard this article.
- This will also not affect other Google apps that can be utilized within the Chime platform including the following: Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google Contacts. These can be used as normal.
If you would still like to connect your Gmail account to Chime, please follow the steps below to do so via an alternate integration path. When clicking on Connect for the Gmail integration, you will instead be integrating your account via SMTP/IMAP.
Please note that this is a temporary solution and when the Gmail integration is live again, you will be notified so that you can use the direct integration method from that point on.
Input your Gmail email address and password and click on Save:
You may see a message that says [AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] like is shown in the screenshot below:
If this happens, please go to your Gmail account and do the following.
(1) Navigate to Settings > Forwarding and POP/IMAP > Enable IMAP:
(2) Go to Account > Security and turn ON the Less secure app access:
(3) Navigate to THIS LINK and click on Continue:
Please note that this solution will provide all of the existing functionality of the Gmail integration with the exception of an initial 30-day email history sync that typically would occur when integrating a new Gmail account to Chime.
If you have any questions regarding this topic or any others, please reach out to our Support Team via email at <email@example.com> or by phone at 1 (855) 981-7557.