The live transfer feature is built into the Chime dialer as a way for calls with leads to be transferred to another team member with your Chime account. This feature is not available on all call packages or all scenarios so please review this document for more information.
Please be aware of the following. . .
- Only available on the following call packages:
- Three Line Dialer
- Only works on outbound calls
- Only works on click-to-call functionality (when clicking from a lead profile to call one specific lead) and therefore does not work on call lists.
- Only able to transfer calls to other agents within your Chime team, not outside of your Chime team
- The agent receiving the call does not need a call package but they do need to have their Bridge Number set up (CRM > Settings > Manage Dialer > Bridge Number).
How It Works
If you are on a call with a lead (that meets all of the requirements above) and you would like to transfer the call to another agent within your team, simply click on the Transfer icon in the bottom-right of the dialer panel:
You will then choose who you would like to transfer the call to (that is within your Chime team):
The above-action will automatically dial out to the third person (your colleague within your Chime team) and the call panel will show who you are dialing out to (agent) and who you are already connected to (lead):
If the other agent does not pick up, the icon will show as red/orange and you can transfer again if you would like by clicking the Transfer icon.
When it connects to the other agent successfully, it will show up with a green icon. There is no separate conversation that happens before the transfer takes place--it simply adds the agent to the conversation.
You then have three options
- Stay on the line. There are now three people on the line and the conversation can continue.
- Hang up yourself. This will allow for you to leave the conversation but the call will continue between the lead and the agent you connected them with.
- Hang up agent. This option will kick the agent off the call who you had connected to originally as the third participant in the call.
If you have any questions regarding this topic or any others, please reach out to our Support Team via email at <email@example.com> or by phone at 1 (855) 981-7557.