We currently support the creation of one type of block into a widget that can be embedded in an external website (not Chime-built). Currently, only the Featured Listings block is supported with the widget feature, though more might be added in the future. This feature is also limited to certain packages.
*IMPORTANT: Please review each of the following before continuing with this feature.
- Basic front-end coding skills are needed to use this widget. We are not able to customize the code from implementation on another website, that is the sole responsibility of you as the Chime user.
- Even though the widget can be embedded in an external site, when a listing is clicked, it will link the lead back to the Chime-built website.
- Every time a change is made to the widget settings via the CMS, the code will be updated and will need to be changed on the external website. In other words, just because a change is made to the widget in the Chime CMS does not mean that the change will be reflected in the location(s) where embedded.
- The widget settings will not save the code as generated. In other words, this tool is for generating the code but not for saving it for future editing. You will need to generate a new code if you need to make changes in the future.
- The Starter and Core packages do not come with this feature. If you are on either packages and interested in using this feature to its full effect, please contact Support to get upgrade options.
- MLS compliance is extremely important to remember here. When embedding listings in an external website other than Chime, MLS approval must be in place on that other website before displaying listings there. Chime will not be able to track this and therefore will not be held responsible for any MLS violations that may result from the inappropriate use of MLS data.
How it Works
First navigate to CMS > Widgets:
Choose the style of the featured listings block that you would like to use. The settings will now appear at the right side:
Click on the Settings cog wheel to adjust the settings for this block (choosing the basic design, text, listing source, etc.)
Once the settings have been configured, click on the blue Generate Code button at the bottom:
To use the embed code, copy the entire code provided to your computer clipboard and then paste it into the desired location on an external website:
You can your widget configurations and give them a name so that you can edit and reuse them as needed.
Click on Saved to access all saved configurations.
If you have any questions regarding this topic or any others, please reach out to our Support Team via email at <email@example.com> or by phone at 1 (855) 981-7557.