*This feature is not yet implemented for our mobile app
MMS stands for "Multimedia Messaging Service." As related to Chime, MMS-enabled accounts will have the ability to send media content (pictures, GIFs) in messages instead of just text content. Please note that this functionality is still in beta testing and will continue to be developed and improved with future iterations.
- How it Works
The MMS functionality will only be available to users who have an active text message package with us. For more information regarding text packages, please see Billing, Usage, and Availability for Call/Text Packages.
There is no separate package for MMS functionality to be enabled as long as you meet the requirements outlined above.
Just to note - sending one MMS is equivalent to sending three SMS. In other words, if you send one MMS message, it will count as three SMS messages on your daily usage.
- Supported file types to be sent via MMS
- Supported file types to be received via MMS
- Video Messages*
- Multi-Image Messages
- Maximum Number of Images per message
- Maximum Image File Size
- JPG/PNG = 5 MB
- GIF = 900 KB
*The vendor used for MMS support will automatically compress incoming video files from carriers. The video file size will not exceed 2MB.
MMS can only be sent to ONE lead at a time–meaning no mass texts, group texts, auto texts, etc.
- If a lead sends you an MMS message with more than one image in that message, only the first image will populate in Chime.
- Whenever a new number is added or changed on your account, please note that the MMS functionality has to be manually configured per number meaning it will not work immediately–the turnaround time will vary but will be added ASAP. Please communicate with the Chime Support Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you change or add another qualifying text package or change to a new virtual number and request MMS support as part of the beta program. They will submit a ticket on your behalf.
How it Works
Sending MMS Messages
As outlined above, an MMS can only be sent to one lead manually–auto texts, group texts, and mass texts are not currently supported. So, click on any option in the CRM to send a text to one specific lead and the following options will be available to add an image:
Once the Image icon or the Select Image link are clicked, it will open up a browser from your computer to find a file. You can only send one at a time. The image will then be added to your message ready to send:
Media content can be viewed from the side message window or a lead profile. Once clicked, they will preview in a larger pop-up.
- Do inbound AND outbound messages count against the limit for MMS?
- Do size limitations apply to both inbound and outbound messages?
- Are video messages supported?
- Are group messages supported?
- Are both inbound and outbound MMS messages supported?
Do inbound AND outbound messages count against the limit for MMS?
Only outbound messages will be counted towards usage.
Do size limitations apply to both inbound and outbound messages?
Outbound messages are limited as outlined above under Technical Limitations. Inbound messages may see some compression but the content should not be missed due to this compression.
Are video messages supported?
Video messages are not currently supported to be sent. They will be supported in the future. They are supported to be received.
Are group messages supported?
No. Not at the present time.
Are both inbound and outbound MMS messages supported?
Yes. Both inbound and outbound MMS messages are supported.
If you have any questions regarding this topic or any others, please reach out to our Support Team via email at <email@example.com> or by phone at 1 (855) 981-7557.